Sunday 19 November 2023

We're fine.' - Mayorkun discusses his relationship with Davido

 

Mayorkun, a Nigerian artist, has spoken up about his relationship with former record label boss, Davido, since leaving Davido Music Worldwide, DMW.

Mayorkun stated on the newest episode of the Tea With Tay podcast, hosted by actor Temisan Emmanuel Ahwieh, aka Taymesan, that against popular belief, he and Davido had "one of the best relationships."

The 'Mayor Of Lagos' singer claimed that his followers think he's not cool because he doesn't flaunt his connection with Davido on social media.

"Contrary to popular belief, I have one of the best relationships with Davido," he remarked. He seems to know who I am and understands my personality. If I vex him now, he knows... Do you get what I mean? I'm not that difficult of a person.

"It's just that I don't post Davido on a daily basis, saying he's my best friend, which is why some people think we're not cool." This is not a connection for you [fans]. You're continually forgetting that."

Mayorkun rose to prominence in 2016 after releasing a rendition of Davido's 'The Money' single, which included Olamide and was spotted by the singer on X (previously Twitter).

Davido signed him to his record company, DMW, where he released his debut track, 'Eleko,' and quickly rose to fame.

He won the highly coveted Next Rated category at The Headies two years later, solidifying his stardom.

Mayorkun parted relations with Davido Music Worldwide, DMW, in 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment