Tuesday 7 November 2023

Mauricio Pochettino, the manager of Chelsea, makes a shocking statement about his future.

 

Mauricio Pochettino, the manager of Chelsea, has revealed something shocking regarding his future with the Blues.

Pochettino, who only recently joined Chelsea in the summer, sought to invest in a Stamford Bridge initiative that aims to achieve long-term success by bringing in young, talented players. But that might be about to change.

Pochettino made it clear ahead of his Monday night return to Tottenham Hotspur that, although he intends to remain at Chelsea for the remainder of his career, a return to Spurs is not out of the question.

"Hopefully, this is where I can stay until the day I die," Pochettino stated. "Life is similar in that you never know what will occur the next day. We must appreciate the now and avoid dwelling too much on the future. Nevertheless, why not, if I'm not employed, and perhaps if they choose to have me someday?

"We cannot underestimate the Chelsea and Tottenham fans," he stated. "Chelsea supporters are aware that we were at Tottenham, and given the circumstances surrounding the Champions League and the Battle of the Bridge, would we be able to contain our emotions? No, it isn't feasible. It would be foolish of me to claim that I have forgotten all that happened at Tottenham.

"I'm going to play the way that I naturally do, wanting to win every game. Simultaneously, I want to take pleasure in being in a place where I helped to create something unique. I want to enjoy and hope that tonight goes well for us because I'm genuinely at ease."

Surprisingly, though, are the Argentine's remarks regarding his bond with Chelsea supporters.

"Four months later? I'll be honest: if we can reach my level at Tottenham, that would be a sign that things are going incredibly well here.

"I can't lie, right now, but I do expect to be on the same level one day. It's a difficult circumstance."


No comments:

Post a Comment