Monday 20 November 2023

Endrick selects between Messi and Ronaldo as his idol.

Endrick, a Brazilian teenager, has chosen Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo over Argentina's Lionel Messi.

Ronaldo is the 17-year-old's idol, and he is scheduled to join Real Madrid next summer.

Endrick just earned his senior debut for the Brazil national team in a 2-1 loss to Colombia in a 2026 FIFA World Cup qualifier.

He hopes to play for Brazil in their next qualifier on Tuesday against Messi's Argentina.

Endrick was asked to select between Messi and Ronaldo before of the game.

"I just want to enjoy the moment of being able to play against him [Messi], being in the same stadium as him, looking at him up close, I only saw him in the video game," the forward added (via GOAL).

"Messi is a fantastic player, but I prefer Cristiano Ronaldo." Now that I'm seeing Messi up close, it's going to be fantastic."

"My dream since I was a child has always been to play for Real Madrid," he added. Cristiano Ronaldo is one of my greatest inspirations. So it gives me great joy to know that I will be wearing the same jersey that he did."

No comments:

Post a Comment